About Knockdown Center's Open Call for Proposals
The goal of Knockdown Center's proposal process is to be responsive to the needs of cultural producers making experimental and cross-disciplinary work, and to provide a platform for in-depth inquiry from varying viewpoints across diverse formats. Through an open proposal process, we offer artists, curators, and organizers the freedom to challenge traditional notions of presentation and reception.
About Open Capacity
Through Open Capacity: Knockdown Center’s space support program, artists and organizers may apply for use of space and basic operational support for one-time events such as performances, workshops, talks, screenings, or conferences that align with the KdC mission and resonate with existing programming. Spaces available include intimate bar settings, a raw black box-style room, and 20,000 square feet of open-plan industrial space, amongst others.
While Knockdown Center provides space and operational support, the applying artist or
organization is fully responsible for funding and producing their event and expected to
participate in promotion and outreach.
In addition to space, Knockdown Center provides:
- Basic AV and technical support.
- Box office and event staffing.
- Marketing support though inclusion on the KdC website, newsletter, and socials.
• Open Capacity is intended for one-time public events. The program does not apply for closed rehearsals, video shoots, private meetings, or an ongoing series of events.
• Eligibility is determined by Knockdown Center’s assessment of the logistical feasibility of event production, operational impact, existing calendar of events, and the proposed event’s relationship to Knockdown Center’s mission and other programs.
• Space is allocated to applicants by Knockdown Center. Space offered is non-negotiable, and determined by other events in the building, audience capacity, and technical needs.
• All accepted events must comply with Knockdown Centers operational protocols and schedules.Please refer to the floorplans when imagining your event:
Please direct any questions to email@example.com